Checklist for Moving
Moving can be a stressful time, so make sure everything goes smoothly by planning well in advance. Our easy-to-follow guide will help:
Two months to go...
- Talk to us about our collection service
- Buy all your packing and storage supplies from us
- Start sorting out your loft and garage.
- Put important documents into archive boxes and label them clearly, you may need them when you get to your new home
- Give us a call to discuss about putting items of excess furniture into storage until you’ve settled into your new home – talk to the experts and find out how inexpensive it could be!
One month to go...
- Register with local doctors, dentists, etc if you are moving to a new area
- Confirm your moving arrangements with your removal company
- Start putting items you don’t use every day into boxes
- Could some of those items go into longer term storage to free up more room
in your new home? Talk to us!
Two weeks to go...
- Contact the gas, electric, water, phone / TV / cable companies to arrange
supplies for your new home
- Let people know about your change of address – not
just friends, but also companies (online shops, mail order, magazine
- Organise your mail to be re-directed for at least three months
One week to go...
- Confirm with solicitor and estate agents that the move is going to plan
- Make sure all your packing is done – double-check the loft and garage
friends and family that you might need a hand next week!
The day before...
- Put everything practical you’ll need to one side in a clearly
marked box: tape measure, extension lead, step ladder etc
- Get a box of the
essentials together – loo roll, kettle, tea, coffee, mugs biscuits – and keep
out any paperwork you may need tomorrow…
- Collect your hire van, or confirm
tomorrow’s schedule with your removal firm
- Move all your packed boxes into a