Checklist for Moving Home
Moving can be a stressful time, so make sure everything goes smoothly by planning well in advance. Our easy-to-follow guide will help:
Two months to go...
- Talk to us about our collection service
- Buy all your packing and storage supplies from us
- Start sorting out your loft and garage.
- Put important documents into archive boxes and label them clearly, you may need them when you get to your new home
- Give us a call to discuss about putting items of excess furniture into storage until you've settled into your new home talk to the experts and find out how inexpensive it could be!
One month to go...
- Register with local doctors, dentists, etc if you are moving to a new area
- Confirm your moving arrangements with your removal company
- Start putting items you don't use every day into boxes
- Could some of those items go into longer term storage to free up more room
in your new home? Talk to us!
Two weeks to go...
- Contact the gas, electric, water, phone / TV / cable companies to arrange
supplies for your new home
- Let people know about your change of address not
just friends, but also companies (online shops, mail order, magazine
- Organise your mail to be re-directed for at least three months
One week to go...
- Confirm with solicitor and estate agents that the move is going to plan
- Make sure all your packing is done double-check the loft and garage
friends and family that you might need a hand next week!
The day before...
- Put everything practical you'll need to one side in a clearly
marked box: tape measure, extension lead, step ladder etc
- Get a box of the
essentials together loo roll, kettle, tea, coffee, mugs biscuits and keep
out any paperwork you may need tomorrow
- Collect your hire van, or confirm
tomorrow's schedule with your removal firm
- Move all your packed boxes into a
Member of the Self Storage Association UK (SSAUK)
- LOW COST
- EASY ACCESS